1. Place the corn popper on a dry, level surface. Protect from rain and other weather elements. Donot install near pool or water. Plug the unit into a suitable grounded electrical outlet. (Please check the electrical specs. Be sure that your power source matches the rating label specified next to the power cord).
2. The Main unit has 3 function switches: Spot Light and warmer, Stirrer and Pot Heater.Spot Light and warmer (I)
Stainless Steel Pot Heater (III)
3. Hook the stainless steel pot onto the hanger of the main unit. (Note: Roller bar should be on the door side and also check to be sure that the gears between pot and ceiling are perfectly matched).
4. Plug in the power cord to the popcorn maker.
5. Switch the light and heater to ON (I & Ill) and then add a suitable amount of butter or oil (Fig. 1). While the amount is dependent upon your taste, please do not exceed 1/2oz.
6. Preheat kettle for 3 to 4 minutes with oil added (until steam comes out from the pot). If using TheGreat Northern Popcorn Co. Gourmet Tri-Pak, cut off top of oil section on pouch and squeeze oil into pot.
Please Note: DO NOT USE LIQUID SUGAR OR HONEY AS THIS MAY DAMAGE KETTLE AND CAUSE SMOKING AND/OR INJURY FROM HOT SUGAR.
7. Next pour popcorn and seasoning from Gourmet Tri-Pak pouch into pre-heated oil. (Fig, 2) Ifusing bulk kernels, measure the amount of corn by using the measuring scoop provided. Use one scoop per batch. Open the lid and add the popcorn. Caution: Lid is hot; we recommend wearing oven mitts or potholders. Close lid.
8. Switch the Stirrer to ON (II). (Fig. 3)
9. Close the doors on the main unit carefully.
10.Popcorn starts popping out through the lid after about 2 to 3 minutes. (Fig. 4)
11.When popping stops (no more popping sound from pot), switch the stirrer and pot heater to OFF (II & Ill) Popping is completed. Rotate the roller bar of the pot and pour out all remaining popcorn. Gently shake if necessary.
12.Heater switch (III) must remain OFF if the unit is not popping. Only the spot light warmer should be left ON, this will keep the popcorn warm, dry and tasty for a longer period of time.
13.Serve popcorn with scoop provided. Note: Do not add butter or other liquid flavoring in main unit popcorn bin. Avoid a big mess! Remove popcorn to suitable serving bowl or popcorn before adding this type of flavoring.
14.Always remove plug from power supply before cleaning and if the unit is not being used for a period time.
15.Repeat steps 7-10 to continue popping.
CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
After popping cycle is complete, the popping pot will be very hot. Use extreme care when handling.
Remember to turn the heat switch to the OFF position after the finish of the pop cycle.
Unplug unit BEFORE removing heat pot from hanger. Use caution not to bump heat lamp bulb during pot removal.
Copyright 2010, Tumble n Jump Inflatables(tm) 401-354-5867